ICOB APEX OFFICERS
President – Dr. Muniini K. Mulera
Vice President – Judie Nkusi
Secretary General – Carol Kemigisha
Assistant Secretary General – vacant
Treasurer – Dorothy Angole
Assistant Treasurer – Elvis Muhaabwa
ICOB BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Dr. Muniini K. Mulera is a paediatrician and neonatologist in the Greater Toronto Area, Canada. Born at Kabale Hospital in Kabale, Kigezi, Uganda, Muniini received his basic education at Kihanga Boys Primary School, Kigezi High School Primary and Junior Schools and King’s College, Budo.
He studied medicine and surgery at Makerere University, Kampala; and did postgraduate studies at Trinity College, Dublin; the Alberta Children’s Hospital, University of Calgary and the Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto. He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics.
His main professional focus at present is advocacy for accelerated improvement of maternal-child health, with special interest in East Africa. He is the Vice Chairperson of the Board of Mahali Salama Uganda, a Canada-Uganda partnership that aims to support a maternal-child health program within an integrated community development process in Mparo, Kigezi.
Muniini was the chief convener of the founding convention of the International Community of Banyakigezi (ICOB) in 2003. He served as Vice-President of ICOB from 2004 until 2010. He was elected President of ICOB on July 23, 2016.
Dr. Peter M. Bikangaga
Dr. James Francis Kikira Mugisha
- Retired Civil Servant from the Uganda Revenue Authority, the Uganda Cooperative Alliance, and International Telecommunication Union.
- 20 years of Consultancy in Financial Management, e-enabling and Tax advisory
- Certified Coach, Mentor and Customer Service practitioner.
- Founder and Chief Executive Officer:
- Kika Farms engaged in agro tourism, forestry and Business incubation. Working with over 500 farmers (women and youth) in agribusiness mentoring and mindset change.
- Founder and CEO, ComputerWise (U) Limited one of the first IT companies in Uganda – Since 1997.
- Founder and CEO – Big Hope Community Based Organization
- International Business networks in various countries.
- Board Membership/Director/Founding member
- Uganda Women Entrepreneurs Association (UWEAL)
- African Women in Agribusiness Network (AWAN)
- Business and Professional Women Kampala (BPW)
- East African Women in Business Platform (EAWiBP)
- Uganda Women National Shelter (UWNS)
- National Agricultural Research Organization (NARO) Advisory Council
- International Community of the Banyakigezi (ICOB)
- Africa Customer Service Agency (ACSA)